About Me

My photo
I am a Canadian, living in Ecuador since 2012. After spending a year in Cuenca, and learning Spanish language basics, I moved to Olon, a town near Montanita, on the coast of Ecuador. In April 2014, I just relocated again to a great little town in the Andean Sierra called Pifo. Here I have been enjoying living and exploring the Northern Sierra.

Inquire Here!

For all your inquiries, whether it is for price, designs, items you want me to find for you, or any other inquiry, please email me, and I will respond personally!

trudlesotavalomarket@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Alpaca Sweaters


Alpaca sweaters come in all styles and colors, with zippers or buttons, or pullover style. Some are lined. Choose a hoodie, if you like. Pockets, or no pockets. Solid colors or andean patterns, or walking alpacas.

The variety is endless, so if you don't see what you are looking for, either email me a picture or description, and I will try to find a suitable match.

Some sweaters are 100% alpaca, but some are a blend of alpaca and polyester. I have noted those in their descriptions that are blends.

I first want to focus your attention on this local lady I met in the market the other day. Her stall had some very unique designs, because she makes them herself. Most of the sweaters in the market are mass produced, but this lady sits here all day, crocheting and knitting her llama and alpaca sweaters, while tending her store. She's a real sweetie, and I hope you like her work.

100% alpaca pullover, handmade $70


Same lady's work - hand knitted llama wool, lined, and very thick. These are actually winter coats, made for the people who live in the mountains here, where at night it can dip down to freezing, and during a cloudy, rainy day, it says pretty cool. Llama wool is soft and water resistant to keep you warm, dry and toasty in cold outdoor weather.

 (The white ties that are hanging down are from the women's style up above. I couldn't get a good picture of them, since it was too dark, but they are really stylish as well as warm. If you need a picture, let me know!)

Suggested Price: $79


As you can see, these are zippered hoodie cardigans, unlined, made from a blend of alpaca and polyester. They have pockets on both sides.

Or choose a poncho, 100% alpaca, if you prefer.

The below pictures show more colors available for this style.








When you email me, let me know what size you want, as in men's large or ladies medium, for example. Also, some sweaters are medium weight, others are heavy weight for colder temperatures, so let me know that as well. 

Here's some with more colors and buttons, as well. (Sweaters with buttons are 100% alpaca.)


Also be descriptive about the color and pattern you want, and I will do my best.

Suggested price lightweight: $39
Suggested price heavyweight: $49


These are ladies pullovers. They come in solids or patterns, with or without hoods, with or without fringes, with or without pockets, form fitting or regular.

Suggested Price: $29




Men's are similar, but no form fitting (thank goodness).

These are 100% alpaca, and sometimes come with mosaic pattern on hem and sleeve ends as well as the color. Available in blue, brown, white, cafe, sometimes green. They are simple, but so soft and light, I really prefer these most of all!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Are you still in business??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in the lightweight zippered hoodie cardigans with pockets on both sides, without fringes for $29.00. I like with mosaic pattern or with design. I am thinking of getting three. Please send me a picture of samples and how much including shipping. How long does it take to mail to NY. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allo i am in otavalo today and tomorrow.... i would like to find alpaca sweater and puncho ... hand made only ... can you tell me how to find this women ...?? Her name?? Thank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell, I would also like to find that lady, how can one reach her?
    thank you

    ReplyDelete